Here are 5 very achievable ways you can take action if you want to promote and protect mental wellbeing on World Mental Health Day and every day after.
- Share your mental wellbeing story: You’ll find a platform where you can share your insights and real experiences with the MHFA (Mental Health First Aid) community. Telling stories is very powerful and also has many mental health benefits such as memory retention, empathy, and increased positive emotions.
- Take a mental health day: Using all your paid leave can improve mental wellbeing, increase life satisfaction, reduce anxiety and depression, and reduce heart disease. Why not take an overdue holiday and treat yourself to a hair spa day?
- Practice self-care: Self-care routines have been clinically proven to reduce and even eliminate depression and anxiety. They can also increase happiness and reduce stress.
- Spark conversations on social media: This is a great way to connect with people and raise awareness of mental health. You might choose to share an important article or discuss your own mental health experiences.
- Reach out to your loved ones: World Mental Health Day is the perfect time to reach out to your loved ones, some of whom may be facing their mental health struggles. Just asking how they are and letting them know you’re always there for them goes a long way.
These are just a handful of ways you can show your support for this very important annual event.