dental implant surgery hershey pa is one of the most convenient procedures to replace missing teeth. Unfortunately, all dental procedures are perfect for every patient. Knowing what can go wrong is vital before you go for a procedure like this.
To know more about dental implants and whether they are suitable for you, talk to the best dentist in Rutherford, NJ, today.
What are the disadvantages of dental implants?
Dental implants come with several disadvantages. Some of these are:
- Dental implants are expensive. They can cause over thousands of dollars. Talk to a dentist to learn about the total cost of dental implant treatments.
- There is a chance that dental insurance may not cover them. However, you can always talk to your dental insurance provider and ask whether implants will be covered by the insurance or not.
- Dental implants require surgery to be placed, and surgery is always a considerable health risk.
- The restorations might need replacement. The dental implants can last for life, but the restoration you attach to them might not last that long and require replacement.
- You may end up losing bone around the implants. This is one of the things you may want to consider seriously before getting your implants since losing bone around the implants is reasonably common.
- Dental implants can take a long time to heal. Dental implants are not an instant solution for missing teeth. If you lack patience, dental implants are not the proper treatment.
- There is a chance that dental implants may fail. Typically, the rate of failure of dental implants is around 10%. Getting your implants from an experienced and skilled dentist is essential to reduce the risk of failure.
- Since dental implants require surgery, you may experience redness, swelling, or bleeding after the surgery.
- Nausea, vomiting, and drowsiness are common complications that can be caused due to anesthesia.
- There is a chance that the bone may not accept the implants.
- There is a chance that the surgery or implants may cause nerve damage in the adjacent muscles or the sinus cavity.
- Dental implants are not a good idea for everyone. They usually require healthy and dense bones, and patients with bone issues may face complications.
- If the dental implants cause complications, you may need additional surgeries to deal with them.
Schedule an appointment
If you are thinking about getting dental implants, you must go to a skilled and experienced dentist. Schedule an appointment with a doctor today to know more about the procedure.